What: Next week negotiators from 9 countries gather in San Diego for the 13th Round of Trans Pacific Free Trade Agreement negotiations. They are joined by hundreds of corporate lobbyists working to put their ‘profits over people’ agenda into US Trade Policy. On the last day of negotiations in San Diego, Citizen’s Trade Campaign, WFTC’s national partner is presenting a collage of photos from around the country, in front of local branches of corporations at the table holding signs that:
1) Call out the lack of transparency in the current TP-FTA process which at present moment is a Backroom Deals for the 1%
2) Call for more stakeholder involvement from labor, small-mid sized farms and manufacturers, environmental and social justice organizations and civil society. When: Thursday, June 28th 6-8pm (Come at 4pm to make signs) Where:
Meet at the Washington Fair Trade Coalition Office, 606 Maynard Ave S., Suite 102, Seattle, 98104 then visit 3 branches of corporations in Seattle/Bellevue area. We will be carpooling and returned to the WFTC after the action.
Please see map for addresses: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=200995397110780751949.0004c353d968448175b14&msa=0&ll=47.62167,-122.22187&spn=0.131208,0.338173
1) Cargill-a major player in big Agri-Business advocating for more access to sensitive environments to develop palm oil plantations
2) Zymogenetics owned by Bristol-Myers Squibb, leader in Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) working to put intellectual property rights and patents ahead of global health by reducing access to generic medicines.
3) WalMart at the table to encourage continued suppression of labor and environmental standards in the countries in which they do business, recent examples in Bangladesh. Our action is at the same time as a VIP reception to celebrate WalMart finally breaking into the Seattle area with the launch of their newest store in the Puget Sound in Bellevue. This will be a fun & easy way to bring the Voices of WA State to San Diego Come join us and bring a friend or colleague!
RSVP & Questions Please contact Kristen Beifus, email@example.com, 206.227.3079