Feb 23-28, 2007
As a leading global retailer/producer, WalMart is causing profound impacts on workers and the environment not just in the US but around the world. Join us for this special opportunity to talk with WalMart workers from Columbia, India, and the US who all have powerful stories to share. Learn about the human and environmental costs of the WalMart globalized economic model, and what you can do about it.
- Bellingham: Feb 23 – 7 pm: Western WA University, Fairhaven College Auditorium
- Pullman: Feb 26 – WA State University
- Seattle: Feb 27 – 6:30: Seattle University, Bannan Room 102
- Seattle: Feb 28 – Noon: Peer to Peer Brownbag, Seattle Labor Temple, Room 226
- Seattle: Feb 28 – 7:00: University of Washington, Smith Hall Room 120
Sponsors include: UW Student Labor Action Project, Coalition for Global Concern and the Associated Students of Seattle University, Washington Fair Trade Coalition, UFCW Local 21, the Blue Green Alliance, and Seattle NOW. This tour brought to Washington by the International Labor Rights Fund.