The elections are over, but our Week of Action to Stop Fast Track (Nov. 8-14) is just beginning!
In this notoriously low-accountability period just after elections, Congress is pushing legislation that would “Fast Track” the Trans-Pacific Partnership — a secretive agreement negotiated behind closed doors by government bureaucrats and more than 600 corporate lobbyists. It threatens everything you care about: democracy, jobs, the environment, and the Internet.
It is time to let our representatives know how we feel about Fast Track and the TPP, and put this undemocratic process to rest for once and for all.
Make Your Voice Heard:
1. Sign our PETITION to Stop Fast Track and the TPP
2. CALL or EMAIL your Congressional Representative
Spread the Word:
- Let’s start the Week of Action with a bang! Click here to join the Thunderclap.
- Sign up for our social media team, and receive daily facebook messages and tweets.
Stop the Sneak Attack on Democracy; Join the Light Brigades!
- Nov 8, 2-6 PM, Rally at Holly and Railroad, Bellingham (public)
- Nov 10, 5:30 PM, Light Brigade, East Plaza lawn by the Korean War Memorial, Olympia (public)
- Nov 11, 5 – 6:30 PM, Protest and Light Brigade, Federal Building, Seattle (public)
- Nov 12, 7-9 PM, with Pierce County Central Labor Council in Tacoma (not open to the public)
- Nov 13, 1 PM, Protest at Rep. Kilmer’s Office at 332 E 5th St, Port Angeles (public)
Write a Letter To Your Editor:
Want to spread the word in your local paper? Contact us to receive a toolkit.
Check out our actions so far, and help us Shine a Light on the Secretive TPP!